View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 09:24 AM   #18
Kracken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Fan View Post
I think we should save time and just enact an NWZ from say, the southern end of Alton Bay up to Meredith, over to Center Harbor, then to Wolfeboro and then back over to Alton Bay. All problems solved right now instead of the piecemeal approach they are using.

The comments regarding the max-wake boaters are all too true. The Capt. B's live in a bizarro world where "no wake" means exactly the opposite...

Please don’t give the “padding on every corner crew” any ideas.

You can’t reason with and you can’t teach Capt. Boneheads. Trying to teach boating laws and common sense to them is like trying to teaching physics to a Hershey Bar.

A few years ago I was exiting Alton Bay, when low and behold there was Admiral Bonehead displaying his prowess for all.

He was towing 2 tubes with three children on each tube between Little Mark and the east shore. There where also only 3 people onboard. When I saw this I slowed down to 15 mph and stayed about 300 yards away directly behind the tubers. The entire time the people on the boat were waving their arms back and forth like I was doing something wrong. I did not attempt to pass them because the Admiral was driving so erratic, I couldn’t tell which way he would turn next. Once they finally cleared the Bay I overtook them to their starboard at about 300 feet only to hear their profanities and receive the official solute of the Bonehead Navy.