Thread: Ames Farm
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 05:27 PM   #53
Wolfeboro_Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUH View Post
Everyones pespective is different I guess.. Maybe you are unaware of the already existing congestion problem at certain times on the lake. I believe Winni has reached or exceeded its maximum level of sustainability. If you want to be on the lake you have to fight for it.. IE rent a slip or a shorefront property or buy a condo etc.. otherwise, "like everywhere else" your most likely going to have to drive or walk to your truck/trailer, wait in line, find a spot etc...
I'm well aware of the congestion; I've been boating on the lake for the past 10 years now and before that, I spent alot of time on the lake in the summer back in the 70's. Essentially, what you're saying is, the wealthy can have whatever they want and the middle class has to do without or go bankrupt trying to enjoy boating as a pasttime. I don't have the money to shell out $3000-$5000 PLUS to rent a slip for the summer!!! And have you looked at the rental price of shorefront property with a dock?!? I certainly can't afford $1500/week (I believe that's a conservative estimate) for 10 weeks in the summer and buying property on the lake is out of the question; even if I could find something that I like, the prices are just outrageously high!! I'm just a middle-class employee trying to enjoy some time on the lake with my wife, THAT'S why I trailer my boat!! And now with Ames Farm launch ramps closed to the public, it's going to be even harder for me to enjoy a Sunday on the lake!

I have a 1-week timeshare on the lake; I didn't shell out thousands of dollars to buy a boat so I could only use it ONE WEEK out of the year!!

Quote:
I only state that ive seen enough to know Winni is getting pretty crazy.. we already stay on shore during weekends so all the warriors can have at it..
Reminds me of the phrase, "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arubaman View Post
Quote:
If you want to be on the lake you have to fight for it..
I can not see why people would have to fight to be on a PUPLIC BODY OF WATER.
Excellent point, but some people seem to think Lake Winnipesaukee isn't a public body of water!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose View Post
Quote:
We now have people parking on the side of our road, even blocking driveways!
All the more reason for a place with ample parking, like Ames, to stay open.
Also an excellent point, Rose!

HUH, I'll bet you have the police phone number memorized or on speed dial so you can have those "evil" trailer boaters towed away!! So why can't the neighbor next to Ames Farm work with them (instead of against them!) so they can stay open so the trailer boaters won't be blocking ANYONE'S driveway?
Wolfeboro_Baja is offline   Reply With Quote