Thread: Ames Farm
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 04:48 PM   #38
HUH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfeboro_Baja View Post
I was told by a co-worker (who's also an avid fisherman) that he was told by Fish & Game people years ago that the reason a ramp was never pursued at Ellacoya was the need for significant dredging and it would take too much to get the necessary permits for that. He was also told, as snowbird said, the state considered the 17 (or so) working ramps adequate to provide public access to the lake.

Well, now there's only 16! And of those 16, how many have adequate parking for truck and trailer to go along with them???? Ames Farm has both; TWO ramps and PLENTY of parking! A public ramp is useless for an out-of-town boater trailering in if he has to park a 1/4 mile or more away! I know, that's probably music to the ears of some lake property owners; god forbid I should be allowed to put my boat in their lake, even though I AM a life-long NH resident!
Everyones pespective is different I guess.. Maybe you are unaware of the already existing congestion problem at certain times on the lake. I believe Winni has reached or exceeded its maximum level of sustainability. If you want to be on the lake you have to fight for it.. IE rent a slip or a shorefront property or buy a condo etc.. otherwise, "like everywhere else" your most likely going to have to drive or walk to your truck/trailer, wait in line, find a spot etc...
We now have people parking on the side of our road, even blocking driveways!
Please dont try and make it sound like anyone is denying you of anything..I only state that ive seen enough to know Winni is getting pretty crazy.. we already stay on shore during weekends so all the warriors can have at it..
HUH is offline   Reply With Quote