View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 08:08 AM   #197
VtSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRegrets View Post
Where was everyone? In my tenth season on the lake this was the first weekend that I was able to get out of Paugus Bay as if it were a weekday. High noon on Saturday we went by the Naswa and there were less than 10 boats there. We drove straight into the channel without waiting. This was the first time this has ever happened! On Sunday we went through around 1:30 and the Naswa was rocking but still had a few open slips and we were 4th in line to get through the channel.

There were still alot of family tubers out there but no where near the number of boats as past seasons.

elchase, what lake were you on this weekend? I was on Winnipesaukee.

The reduced traffic is great but the boneheads are still here. Does anyone know if the officials have a way to estimate the boat traffic? I think I remember an estimate of 10,000 boats per weekend from a few years ago.
The SL law has pretty much gotten the GFBL Captain Boneheads off the water, didn't you know that? Hard to believe the traffic would be down this past weekend, quite possibly the best of the year. I cruised well out of my normal area way down south, maybe many explored the outer reaches of Winni. It was quite calm this weekend, so it was a great chance to do so.