View Single Post
Old 08-14-2009, 12:27 PM   #162
Bear Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by pm203 View Post
BI, no offense, but I think you are on the wrong lake for what you would like to see. And, I agree about the cowboy mentality, but that doesn't come from speed and go fast boats. It comes from too many ameteur captains with no regard for the law or respect for others. I see it almost every time I go out on the lake. And, I still don't feel that the whole lake should be made available to the camps. They should have a designated area or time of day deemed safe to be on the lake. The lake doesn't belong to any one group. And, no one group should have to suffer at the expense of the other.
Children need to be safe on ALL lakes. If a cowboy mentality exists, you take whatever steps are required to control it.

Are you suggesting that children's camps and performance boats can't exist on the same area of the lake at the same time? If so then it is the performence boats that have to go. PERIOD!

The entire lake is BY LAW available to children's camps. The camps own considerable waterfront property and have every right to use the lake. They are also the "literal owners" of the lake area adjacent to the property they own. Suggesting that camps should be banned from parts of the lake is outrageous and indefensible. I will assume you made that comment without thinking it through.