View Single Post
Old 08-14-2009, 11:31 AM   #155
elchase

Default My boat is safe at 25 MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimi View Post
I will be filming all weekend, and will be sending the film to every state rep and senator. The documentary will clearly show that the problem is not excessive speed GFBL boats,
Chimi,
Sounds like you have already decided what the film that you have not yet taken is going to show. That's how Michael Moore sets out to make his "documentaries" too. I wonder if the editing will not help to make that point as well?
It would be telling if a full weekend of filming resulted in only fifteen minutes of violations. Now if you had filmed for 16 hours a couple of years ago before we had a speed limit, you'd have been able to make a real documentary 16 hours long and showing 16 hours of continuous mayhem.
I could surely film far less that "all weekend" and get plenty of footage of go-fast boats obeying the speed limit and other boats enjoying more passive activities as a result. If I do that, would you accept it as "the truth"?
And although I'm sure word has already been sent around to selected boaters telling them just where to go to misbehave and get on the film, it might be nice to post on the forum just where/when you will be filming so other people who want to give the impression that things are really bad out there this year can come by and wreak some havoc for the cameras as well. Of course, this might attract a patrol boat or two, but isn't enforcement and safety, and getting these "captain boneheads" off the lake what we all want anyway?
PS: You might also want to tell your friends to be sure they drape a towel over their bow numbers during filming.