View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 06:34 PM   #142
ApS

Quote:
Originally Posted by VtSteve View Post
"...If some of the more vocal SL proponents are correct, many of their friends will be back on the lake again, now that they say it's safer..."
Our friends were supposed to move back overnight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VtSteve View Post
Missed this one....Has the SL law slowed down the cruisers to 45 mph as well?
My reply was to member Kracken's post #94:

There, I maintained that no watercraft—including the cruiser—is safe from The Ravages of..."The Headline".

You missed this one because "you are new here".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Islander View Post
"...Captain Boneheads that move to another lake because they don't like the speed limit don't bother summer camps.
Captain Boneheads that don't come to Winni because of the speed limits don't bother summer camps..."
This is just wrong:

Those who want unlimited speeds can never be a Captain Bonehead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
"...I will take a cue from BI & others.... At the risk absolute futility what kind of compromise would possibly work...??"
Three reasons you face "absolute futility" are your own constituents who, just this week:

1) have stated "their right" to exceed any speed limit,

2) have stated they will "spite" any speed limit,

3) have quoted illegal speeds of themselves breaking the present speed limit, described like-minded buddies breaking the present speed limit, and
left unreported like-minded buddies who were breaking the present speed limit.

4) invite like-minded buddies to break the present speed limit off their shoreline. (OK, there are four reasons).

Among Opposers who pledge to ignore the compromisewhat kind of compromise could possibly be found?