View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 01:45 PM   #120
elchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Islander View Post
it appears you have not gone back and read the old SL threads.
I have been looking at the history. Aren't you the same person that was laughing at the same group you are now pandering to, telling them they could use their cigarette boats as planters once the SL passed? Aren't you the one recently talking about how the fat lady had sung and they should just accept that they "had lost and should go home"? And I'm the crazy one? As an alleged supporter, you have appeared so pompous as to make supporters look like jerks and I have wondered whether you have really been an opposer all along just posing for that reason. Senator Spector comes to mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelnut View Post
As for my credibility, I would never defend it to you. Yours though? Let's just say the research has begun.
Like Joe the Plumber? Should I be scared and drop off the forum to avoid being "researched"? WHAT THE HECK IS THIS IMPLYING?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin View Post
EL, As other have pointed out here you are loosing your logic......onlywinni, is not saying his boat isn't safe below 25 mph.....
He wasn't???;
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlywinni View Post
Thanks for confirming my point that I can not operate my boat at less than 25mph safely.
Quote:
So I said I cant operate my boat safely at less than 25mph and the Boattest.com tests confirms that.
I think his statement, repeated three times, is very clear. He wants us to let him tool around our crowded lake as fast as he can in a 5000 pound boat because he can't operate it safely at speeds below "only" 25 mph. No word recalibration needed.

Quote:
what he is indicating is that at 25 mph he is comfortably on plane, and feels he has good control of the boat with a quick nimble response that feels in control... as he back down from there the boats starts to back down off the plane and he gets into a region where the boat is bow high (reduced visibility) and probably sluggish to the response... until he backs far enough out of the throttle that the boat settles down in the water.....
You got all that from "I cant operate my boat safely at less than 25mph"? Wow. And I'm the one with the credibility problem?

Quote:
when you blurt out what comes to your mind to support that goal you loose your credibility.....
I agree.

Quote:
I will say it agian... this is a dam big lake, room for everyone......
Not if we have multi-ton craft running around on it going speeds at which the craft "cant be operated safely" according to their operators, there isn't. No lake is big enough for that.

Quote:
What are you basing your 95% of boats cant pass 45mph on this lake.
This number was generated by your side...when they thought it would help them. They claimed to have done a survey. They wanted to show that the number of high-speed boats was trivial, so it suited them to "prove" that only 5% of the boats on the lake could reach the limit and to ask "why enact a law that will effect so few"?. Now you see the mistake of this logic and want to discredit your own findings?