Thread: Yeti
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2016, 08:00 AM   #23
Winnisquamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doobs41378 View Post
I have an RTIC and a South Jetty and I was curious how you go about pre chilling yours? One is a 60L and one is a 20L.
A lot of people use dry ice, I couldn't even tell you where to get dry ice around here so what I do is this, usually I use the cooler mainly for the weekends as more of a storage cooler to not have 100+ cans in my fridge, I will throw a 2-3 bags of ice (full ice not broken up yet) into the cooler on like Tuesday/Wednesday, let it sit untouched until Thursday night/ Friday whenever I go beer/drink shopping and then will drain what ever water accumulated from that day of melting, open up the bags and spread the ice on the bottom, insert drinks, ice on top and good to go.

Cant speak for the RTIC or south jettys but the Yeti is not an open shut open shut kind of cooler in my opinion. So I will keep this cooler on my deck or dock and then grab whatever we think we will drink on the boat into a soft shell (grizzly) cooler to save space on the boat. I also have the 65 size so the things stupid heavy to be taking on the boat. Prechilling it I usually see an extra day or two out of the ice, but the melted water is still nice and chilly afterwards.
Winnisquamer is offline   Reply With Quote