Thread: Sallys Gut
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2021, 04:25 AM   #25
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,962 Times in 1,212 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin View Post
Your not going through the Gut enough if you have never run into him..... what is even better, is when the gut is clogged up, and you get to close to what he believes to be his exclusive lake area..... I was tempted to raise my outboard, and spray him with water, but I decided with the wife and impressionable teenagers on board, that likely wasn't a cool thing... (I must be mellowing in my old age)..... In my experience you generally don't here his grumblings, but that day he was all worked up as the gut was clogged, do to loon nest peeping.....That day marks the only time I have had to put a boat in reverse in the gut...

Now as for one way, why the hell not.... yes it will start a debate... Unfortunately the number of inconsiderate boaters is on the rise.... I had boats racing me to the entrance last summer.... to which I let them win... but found it amusing that I caught up to them inside the gut, because they where not to sure about what they where doing...... and too scared to pass oncoming traffic side by side in areas where there was more then plenty of room.

Anyways I digress, I am just a grumpy old capt.... who is far from perfect (My wife will remind me, of the one time I got stupid, and polished the prop on a rock, she even framed some of the metal burs for me).... A lake with out turmoil is to small for me....
Make me the third here who hasn't seen him, and I was through there a couple dozen times last year because it's part of a protected route for my jetski group.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote