View Single Post
Old 04-22-2021, 07:30 PM   #184
4 for Boating

Default When / What?

Would be nice for the government to tell us what exactly has to happen where we do not have to wear masks. It is not realistic to say when there are no more infections or to force people that don't want it to get it - that is simply never going to happen. Most likely, the government's projection of the population that they expect to get shot is going to fall way short. I personally don't see a lot of very low risk 16 year olds getting an emergency use shot with no track record but who knows.

At some point in the coming future, when everyone that wants the vaccine has been offered it and it was available to them (now with paid time off to get one) with a time buffer for the 2nd shot, I'm not sure I see why masks are still a factor after that point. Of course we call all pick whatever group we like to try to blame on for not getting the vaccine... In the end, someone's body, someone's choice.

Who are we protecting after that point by wearing a mask?
Once the state starts to say > We have vaccine supply but no longer have material volume of people asking/waiting for it - is it not time to take the mask off OR are we waiting for something else that we are not being told OR are we trying to protect those that choose to never get the vaccine?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4 for Boating For This Useful Post: