View Single Post
Old 09-27-2020, 03:27 PM   #63
iw8surf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdarby View Post
Did your co-worker die at the scene of injuries from the crash? Or did your co-worker survive the crash, contract COVID while in the hospital and die of pulmonary complications associated with COVID-19 that they would not have otherwise had? So yes, it is possible to attribute a death associated with a motorcycle crash to COVID-19. Would they have died if they hadn’t been in a motorcycle crash? No. Would they have died if they had been in a motorcycle crash but not contracted COVID and it’s associated pulmonary complications? Well now, that is the question. So did they die from a motorcycle crash or from complications associated with COVID? That is exactly what I’m talking about! Some of you want to simplify the epidemiology of this disease and it’s mortality rate. It’s not that easy. Nothing is easy about epidemiology but some of you all have it all figured out based on what you Google and hear on the news. That’s like picking your physician based upon how many episodes of Grey’s Anatomy they’ve watched! There is and has been some misreporting but some does not equate to substantial misreporting. The overall death rate in the US is about 8-12% higher for the first 7 months of this year than the previous year. The most significant variable of 2020 is COVID-19. Traumatic injury death rates are down as people were in their homes and not participating in at risk behaviors. I’ll let you in on a little secret. In the end, EVERYONE dies of cardiac arrest. When the heart stops it’s all over for each of us. I laugh every time I hear that reported in the news...”So and so was reported to have died of cardiac arrest.” Of course they did...but what precipitated that? Well that often gets complicated.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
He didn’t even make it into the ambulance alive unfortunately. They said he was tested and had covid. Must’ve been one of the cases that were not bothered by it. Was still out living his normal life.