View Single Post
Old 08-22-2020, 07:42 AM   #9
ApS

Exclamation Doctors Still Advise, "Go Bare"...

There's an ad on the radio TODAY that goes:
Quote:
"ABCXYZ, LLC got me $6 million--which was 6-times what the insurance company offered me."

Without insurance, I've had good luck renting in New Hampshire. My worst experience was my first NH tenant (from MA).

Although they had signed an agreement to list ALL dwellers, they showed up with a "pre-toddler". As we talked on the porch, this unlisted tyke crawled to the edge. (It's a 15-foot drop to the next sundeck). The father "reasoned" with him, "Boris, come back, don't do that".

A family member also had the same rental problem, even with the signed/written stipulation of "no children". Tenants were always "baby-sitting".

"Pacific Heights": Check out what tenant law had done to California law. (which has spread east):
https://www-chicagotribune-com.cdn.a...903-story.html

Florida is full of deadbeats, but I managed about 50% good tenants. One (NY) who TALKED a good game, lived rent-free for
several months, had his parents over for a cookout while I stared at them from my "lesser place" next door. His father apologized by email! His girlfriend could've been under-age.

I learned later from a sheriff's deputy that he used and sold drugs, and pimped-out his girlfriend! It was only upon violent threats (and damage to my property) from other drug dealers that he moved on.

'Next renter paid a year in advance--but that's another salty event. Oh, boy--the tenants' stories I can tell this forum!
ApS is offline   Reply With Quote