Thread: PWC Anchors
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2020, 04:40 PM   #21
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,962 Times in 1,212 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
Think;

The thing you have to remember is not all boats react the same with any given anchor. There are MANY things to consider such as type of boat, size of boat, body of water (river, lake, pond, ocean, tidal / non tidal, etc, etc.), type of bottom (mud, weeds, rock, etc.).

Your testing of the Mantus anchor only proves one thing...it works good for YOUR boat in YOUR body of water in places you like to anchor. It might suck for a different style boat in a different body of water.

Just like my Digger works well in my pontoon boat on Winni. I don't use the digger on my Eastern as the Eastern works better with a different style anchor. You simply cant compare a down east style hull with a tri-toon hull. I also know the tri-toon will never see the salt but the Eastern may. The reaction of the boat in the waves will determine what works best along with the other factors mentioned above.

I'm sure Dave, whose boating experience far exceeds most of us on this forum, is using an anchor that works best for his boat, in coastal and tidal waters with varying bottom conditions.

FWIW;

Dan
I get that. It was just odd timing that I'd just happened to watch a video with the same outcome.

That being said, there are clearly anchor designs with much greater ranges of effectiveness than others. The 13lb. Mantus I started with has been tried, and performed flawlessly, in 4 other boats so far, ranging from pontoons to deck boats to center consoles—all of which once used Danforth or claw styles. Given what I found through research, it appears the Digger, box, and Fortress anchors have somewhat similar ranges of effectiveness.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to thinkxingu For This Useful Post: