Thread: PWC Anchors
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2020, 08:20 AM   #3
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winilyme View Post
Hey Think. I’ve yet to anchor my ski but expect I’ll begin doing so this summer. So, after some research of my own, I went out and bought a 10 lb mushroom with some serious length of rope to allow for deeper anchoring than you’ll be doing. We’re not so much into the sandbars as we are for the quiet, shady and often deep small coves during early evening summer days. Glad to see you’re logging some time but for me, 56 degree water is still too cold. Brrrrrr.
The shallows aren't that bad right now, especially with neoprene booties!

I think the mushroom will mostly work to keep in one place with waves coming in different directions, but with consistent pressure from one side, I don't see it holding.

I did just stumble across Lewmar claws in 2 and 4 pounds that seem to get good reviews and are only about $15-20. That style, though, didn't seem to fare well in tests I've seen.

What I'm trying to balance is holding power, size, and cost. Because the storage area in the direct access is a bit smaller, I'd like to take as little space as possible, which means collapsible/foldable is desirable.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
thinkxingu is online now   Reply With Quote