View Single Post
Old 04-25-2020, 08:53 AM   #30
Hillcountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Ok, so it is Saturday morning, April 25.

What's happened lately like yesterday is that someone let the air out of both tires, sometime in the night, on a 16' motorboat on a trailer parked in my dirt driveway, causing the bottom skeg of the outboard to depress into the dirt with apparently no damages.

Pumped the air back into the two tires, and placed wood supports under the trailer frame in case it happens again.

About two days ago a tire on my small utility trailer had gone surprisingly flat considering it is a relatively new tire and rim, about 8-months old. Didn't think much of it at the time, just re-pumped it up, but now with the 16' fishing boat incident, am connecting the dots of three tires, all gone flat.

No physical damage to any tires such as sticking a knife through the sidewall, so some unknown person took the time to depress the small valve stem while the air flows out which takes a couple minutes.

Am e-mailing the local Allstate, office closed, to get an insurance policy for this 16' Lund/Honda/trailer fishing boat purchased last October, used. Just sitting in the driveway, all covered up, had not felt the need for insurance ..... until now.

Will be getting another motion detector outdoor light, and a motion detector video wildlife camera to hopefully get some good photos of whoever, doing whatever.

Went back to the Meredith Police last evening, my second visit including the visit concerning the scary note and spoke with the same officer who was very good, took notes on what's happening and seems like a very competent police officer.

Ok, so I start to think about these incidents ..... the flat tires and the scary notice in my mailbox ..... are they related .... are they connected .... is it all coming from one person or what ...... time will probably tell, as it usually does?
Good luck with the game camera! Be careful to mount it somewhere that it can’t be detected as they are regularly stolen as well.
If you can, buy one with the “blackout” feature that takes pictures/video with NO FLASH. The older ones had a flash like a regular camera and were easily detected. A couple of good brands I have had luck with are Covert and Browning...the cheap ones found in Tractor Supply or Walmart have been faulty in that they are not consistent in getting good pics.
Hope you catch your vandals...if this were happening in my property I would be livid.