View Single Post
Old 04-17-2020, 12:28 PM   #27
fatlazyless

Question ....... what was I doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie Cougar View Post
Yes, I feel that he must have been doing something that made everyone really nervous. Was he going out every day and ignoring the stay at home order? Nobody is playing games right now. People are afraid.
What was I doing?

In the past few days I was doing outdoor boat dock repair, and leaf raking/tree & shrub replacement.

Replaced four very old, very rusty 2"x 48" galv steel dock legs with new legs which was a lengthy process since each steel pipe leg was held in place with four different bolts. The dock section is positioned upside, down, resting within a boat lift.

Will soon be installing the boat lift and 40' aluminum dock into the water which has got to be the very oldest aluminum dock, around.

Dug up and replaced a large unknown shrub with a large Rhododendron shrub .... dug up two old small trees that were doing poorly with new leafy pear tree
s ..... ditto this for a medium Rhododendron shrub ..... dug up an unknown shrub, moved it and replanted, and planted a large yellow Forsythia shrub .... planted about four other recently purchased small shrubs into gray plastic plant pots.

Leaf raking ...... raked up wet soggy oak leafs from areas around the edges of my quarter acre lot that have not been raked in a few years, and removed them to my small utility trailer. About one year ago, I purchased this small trailer for $150 from someone in Moultonborough and it has been the best $150 I ever spent because it really facilitates yard work, cleaning out the old soggy oak leafs and pine blow down branches and hauling it all away to the Meredith town disposal area.

Once the day time temperature is above 50-degrees, I want to start painting the gray masonry sidewalk stepping concrete disks outside, plus other outside projects.

My number of outdoor projects here, landscaping, painting, minor carpentry, and installing an 18" wide kitchen dishwasher is a long list of items, to-do.

Plenty of indoor items as well, but will not get into that as they are inside the house.

I mind my own business, I look straight ahead, have no conversations, and when someone shouts abuse at me, I ignore it, and just keep doing whatever I was doing ...... thanks.