View Single Post
Old 04-25-2015, 10:00 AM   #9
webmaster

Thanked 3,726 Times in 824 Posts

There is no easy solution to this and no going back. To comply with Google, visitors have to be sent to a mobile-friendly site template when using a mobile device. The normal style of this site does not comply. The mobile style you see now is meant to be bare-bones and is only temporary. I don't like it either and I'm looking for a better style. One feature I'm looking for is the ability to switch to the full style from the mobile style. It seems like that would be the best workaround.

The other problem is that none of the mobile styles made to work with vBulletin (the forum software) will display the other areas and pages of the site like PhotoPost, the Classifieds or the WeirsCAM. Tapatalk doesn't either but it is still a great option if you're mainly interested in the forum.

The long-term solution is to upgrade the entire site to new versions of the forum and content management system that has all the mobile templates built in. That would be a big project because of all the customization and 3rd party pieces I'm using. Some would be incompatible with the new versions and open up all kinds of other problems. The upgrades may have to be done eventually but it won't be easy.

For you tablet users, I've excluded the iPad since it's not considered a mobile device in this case and I can exclude other tablets if you let me know what kind you have.

Please be patient as I figure out the best way to make all this work. It's just me dealing with this in my spare time which is sometimes hard to find.

Don
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to webmaster For This Useful Post: