Thread: Face Masks
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2020, 06:39 PM   #162
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
It's not a flu! The flu is seasonal and goes away when the weather warms up. This has not gone away, and has actually gotten worse in warmer climates like Florida and Texas. Other than the nursing home fiasco I think Ma has done good job and Baker is to be commended. If youre not happy in Ma I suggest you leave and don't let the door hit you on the way out!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Not that Wikipedia should be a reference for anything, but:

Influenza, commonly known as "the flu", is an infectious disease caused by an influenza virus

Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2)

So to some degree you are correct, the "flu" is not even just the flu, its an infectious disease in the same way COVID is an infectious disease.

Both with major respiratory impacts to humans.

Some times in America, we too commonly do not use the Queens English and tend to speak in American slang, hence the term flu, which should be limited to the Influenza virus.

But from laymans perspective the slang fits. Like gassing up the car even if it uses Diesel, or stepping on the gas even if its an electric car.

My apologies for the sloppy use of medical terminology.

As for my comments about Massachusetts, I stand by them. It is not a state to be held up as a role model example for anything.

And as for leaving, once I retire, I'll be gone to anywhere better so fast there is no chance of any door hitting anything, but I'm not particularly concerned, I seriously doubt that if Baker is still Governor that said door would even work,,, god knows it has not worked for the past 30 years I have been here.

If you are happy with Massachusetts, I am happy for you, please enjoy it, god knows someone should.

ATB
The Following User Says Thank You to XCR-700 For This Useful Post: