View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 11:34 AM   #99
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,963 Times in 1,213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie Cougar View Post
I get it now. They are peeing in his pool.. Thanks, think.

Also, I was wondering how teaching is going? Do you feel like you’re working as much or more than you did before?
My son in law, is a principal, in Baltimore City. Today is the first day that they are starting distance learning. You’ve been at it for a week or two now, right? How are things going?
No worries—let's never fight again!

Education response is a state-by-state, district-by-district decision. In NH, where I live, for example, most schools were advised to take on an immediate remote learning system. In MA, where I teach, we were told to provide "supplementary" or "continued practice" material until DESE came up with a guide.

On the NH side, it was stressful for many and resulted in an imbalanced system (no baseline expectations or defined protocol). On the MA side, it was easy to provide simple assignments to keep kids connected with school. NH's approach was to replicate the school day as closely as possible, MA's approach was to keep contact for emotional well-being and not lose what had been being worked on.

Three weeks later, MA came out with guidelines for remote learning and NH found its way, so we're both in mostly similar places now.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app