View Single Post
Old 04-04-2018, 12:16 PM   #32
shifthappens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
I hope that cures your problem. Like I said, it's pretty hard to diagnose a problem over the internet.
I have friends sending me video's all the time asking me what's wrong with their car. If it was that easy then I would just stay home and charge consulting fees.
I'm feeling confident that you are right about the Track Bar after reading and videos of the same problem nicknamed 'Death Wobble' that happens in so many of this model type. I also talked to another local mechanic that has installed many of these with exactly the same symptoms. He charges $70/hr. You bring the part and he installs. Good to know for future probs. The bar will be installed on Monday. I'll let you know if that was the answer. BTW, the manager at AutoServe told me that they have a 2 tiered tech system. The 1st level are young guys out of school learning and do only the low impact service i.e. oil changes, tire rotation, etc. Then the more detailed service goes to their more experience mechanics. Evidently, my lower ranked mechanic did not do the proper procedures i.e. road test which is why I'm getting the repair done gratis by the more experienced dude.
shifthappens is offline   Reply With Quote