Thread: Headway Speed
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2019, 12:02 PM   #47
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal Coon View Post
I think "government" is big enough... The last thing we need is more camera's. I have nothing to hide, but I believe that even "big brother" has to "earn" his revenue the old fashioned way, (just like everybody else), by actually WORKING, being there, on location, catching violators at the time of the violation. Fair is fair. The LAST thing I want to do is ALLOW big brother to put camera's up wherever "HE" desires to "catch" law breaker's doing whatever, and just mailing them a ticket in the mail. "They" have already stolen enough of our liberties, how much more are you willing to give up voluntarily...??? In case you haven't noticed, if "they" could control every aspect of your life, they would... That's NOT my America.
While I agree with you to some extent, I cannot tell you how many times I see on any given morning commuting to work seeing people blowing through the ezpass lanes in the toll booth and setting it off either with no ezpass or one that is past due. Thankfully there are cameras there to record this and nail the people doing this, otherwise how many armies of cops would be needed to catch the violators, how much of a traffic disaster that would cause, safety problems and lost revenue to support the highway system? I can see if this were not in place tolls would be increased and increased placing the burden on the ones that do pay to make up for the ones that are not. I say in this case, I like the fact there are cameras to catch the violators.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote