View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 12:09 PM   #48
Grant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineedles View Post
One other thing that AAA does for you. You can go to one of their offices and renew your driver's license. No trip to the DMV. Hallalujah!
And another (thanks for reminding me) -- If you put the little tag they send you on your keychain, and it is lost, they will send it back to you if it's found. The back of the tag says, "Drop in any mailbox. Postage Guaranteed." and the address of the main AAA office.

My oldest son was working in the city, and left his backpack unwatched for a moment. It was stolen, and the contents (aside from his wallet) one of the sets of keys to the truck. About a month later, AAA calls me and says they have a set of keys that someone found in the street somewhere in Delaware, and they will send them to my home, office, or any AAA location.

One of those benefits you don't think about until you have to use it. So the membership paid for itself again -- those new keys & alarm fobs cost $150 to replace minimum.