View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 06:15 PM   #12
sa meredith

Default ?????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by CateP View Post
Actually the Subaru roadside service guy came all the way from Waterboro, ME. He said he enjoyed the ride and getting out of the shop, but it sure was long way to come to change a tire. (he did it in less than 10 minutes, it would have taken me a lot more time in the cold, hard rain of this day-I know, wimpy)
This seems so completely bizzare to me. But then again, why would common sense get in the way of how America does business these days. It's probably a union thing. Scubadoo's (sic) closest "sub out" for a FLAT TIRE was in freakin' Maine????!!!!!! A flat tire was changed, in Wolfboro NH, by a guy, who drove down from Maine???!!! UUUmmmmm, yeah, OK. A guy drove 35/38 miles to change a flat??!! (google earth maps)
And, that being said, there was not a local gentleman co-worker or friend, to change out the tire? I would bet if it was a nail, the cost of the plug will have to be taken care of by Cate...20 bucks????...and that shop would probably reinstall the tire. As for driving on the donut Cate, you really could travel up to 100 miles, with no issue at all. And I really don't think I'd be all that fussy about where to go to remove a nail, and put the plug in. It requires little, if any skill. Any shop would be happy to do it for you. No real need to shop for a price...20/21/22/23/24/25...what's the difference?
But instead, a guy was sent from Maine. Am I the only one who sees absolutely no humor in this?
I just don't get it anymore.
No issue with a lady who does not want to change a flat...I would not want my wife doing it....but this seems like quite a project for a flat tire.
A Jack, 5 lugs, and 15 minutes....
sa meredith is offline   Reply With Quote