View Single Post
Old 06-05-2015, 05:30 PM   #61
MGWillia

Default Ok, too much fun to just watch.

Here is a discussion that never seems to end. I posted this a bit back while I was in Ohio and there were some "different" weather patterns happening. I think it translates ok.

It's not rocket science. (well maybe) Scientists tend to confuse me. They give me a list of "facts" that I'm suppose to believe or be considered ignorant.

Fact 1: where I sit typing was once covered by over a mile of ice.

Fact 2: Where I sit, during the Silurian period, Ohio was in near equatorial weather patterns.

Fact 3: Scientists tell us that the "Ice Age" phenomena is on going and takes thousands of years to hit bottom (the coldest) and then thousands more to hit the top (warmest) Creating a gradient scale over time.

Fact 4: Scientists tell us that the universe came into being during a "Big Bang" explosion sending particles, large and small, collecting, solidifying, cooling into planets, and other celestial bodies and debris which continue an outward expansion through space and time.

Fact 5: Scientists tell us that the unique weather patterns that we have grown use to during our lives and that we know as "Ohio" weather are a direct reflection of our exposure to the Sun's rays and that winter and summer are determined by our orbit around the sun and the tilt of our poles. Neither of which they tell us are constants.

Now, I get all that. But then on top of that the tell us that it is our fault that the weather patterns are changing. And its our doing. Even though, individually, Mt. St Helen's and Vesuvius, individually in their day, put more pollutants into the atmosphere than all of mankind's creations from his emergence from the sea. (lets not even get started about Kīlauea that has been in constant eruption since 1983.) And they tell us, we have the power to fix it. Oh well, good thing I'm one of those people who believe in intelligent design. Otherwise I might lose sleep over 60 degree weather in Ohio and a greatly needed input of precipitation in desert areas (which use to be fertile wetlands) getting snow.

Is there Climate Change... Science says yes. It also says that climate has always changed. If the balance of normal weather is so dependent on the precise angles of the poles in an ever expanding big bang universe and we know that there is a constant cycle to ice ages and their converse, maybe.. Just maybe the reason that it is still warm in November and early December and that here we sit with a bit of chill in the air in June, maybe things continue, as the scientists tell us, to change. Maybe things have shifted enough to shift seasons by a month... Maybe things enough to change things again. even though in the insignificant amount of time scientists say we have been here, gives us a limited "realtime" look at temperatures and trends. Maybe if we wonder, as some have speculated that carbon dating is iffy. Maybe much of what we THINK we know about the past is iffy.

Ok, my 2 cents. I'll go back to putting my head in the sand.