View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 10:17 AM   #25
VitaBene

Thanked 1,601 Times in 821 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave R View Post
If you like speed, you should get a modern 1000cc sport motorcycle. 109 MPH is what you hit less than a second after shifting from first to second gear at WOT. They are REALLY fun to ride. I got my eye on a new BMW 1000RR.

I am surprised but glad the lake is statistically safer this year. I hope the trend continues. We sure had some glorious days out there and I cannot recall any specific examples of truly rude or grossly unsafe acts. That's not to say I did not witness any, just that my memories of this Summer are solely of great times, great friends, warm water, excellent boating and gorgeous weather; any bad memories have faded already.
I do like speed but I need somewhere safe (for others) to use it. I have ridden a few sport bikes and I am impressed by the crazy acceleration. My favorite? Yamaha V-Max.

My road bike is a 94 Heritage, rock'em stock'em. I do have a high 11 second Oldsmobile sitting in my garage waiting to be reawakened this winter!

Regarding the lake being safer statistically, I also hope that the #s are correct and that the lake is a safer place for all. Further I hope that the trend continues in a steep downward decline.