View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 09:59 AM   #11
Sunbeam lodge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas Pilot View Post
If it's just text "copy then paste and match style".
Thanks. I would like to share some history I received by E Mail for those who might be interested. I will put them on more than one post. The first is my my E- Mail.
Thanks for the response. I would like to know if you can remember any details or locations on VSR. My next door neighbor had a lot of the old history of this area but I don't know if some of it was factual. If you remember some more details I can try and tell you what VSR looks like now. Around 1970 we looked for a lot here and the real estate broker indicated an estate on VSR was going to be split up. But he never got back to us and time went on and we forgot about it. In 1993 while looking at a lot Eldrige had for sale on VSR we happened to continue up the road and came across a "For Sale" sign on a lot next to Beaver Island landing. It looked familiar and as it turned out it was the same lot we had looked at years before and it was owned by Del Prete who owned the big house with the granite fireplace and boathouse. When I looked him up I discovered that he lived in Duxbury Mass.*where I was living at the time and also that I worked , as a summer job, in construction for his father while I was going to Northeastern University. He sold me the lot and I built on it in 1994 when I returned from Germany where I ran a division of Raytheon.
So if you have anything you want me to check on or you know any history of Sunbeam Lodge I would appreciate hearing from you.
Sunbeam lodge is offline   Reply With Quote