View Single Post
Old 03-17-2018, 01:53 PM   #9
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Well FLL, some seem to like your recycled post others do not. To those taking this too seriously lighten up....

While geese present issues because of fecal mater, so do ducks and loons... Ducks which are just a present on our lakes as the geese. And not forget about the fecal mater of fish, yes there is that too.... Its all just very aweful to think about.

The good news is water is always flowing in and out of the lake, so it all kind of takes care of itself.

More damaging to the echo systems, are what man brings to the table... that is not derived from mother natures kitchen.... but I will currently just not go there.... because I am starting to sound like others who are choosing to get up on their soapbox with this thread.... Instead I am going to join FLL and others .....

While cheesy Nips and Cheez-its are great and no doubt the geese love them.. I personally believe they cost to much these days to feed the geese... I am a traditionalist I guess, and believe in the use of bread... Which you can get a whole loaf of from Walmart of all places for a couple of bucks... or better yet, if you can find a bakery distributor, or wholesale outlet, sometimes you can get a loaf for less the a single dollar, if not for free, if it is out of date.

I really don't think the geese or ducks mind, the day old stuff.... Rather I think they wonder why the humans give it away so freely.

Feed ducks and geese is like a right of passage, it has been done for years... a little bit here and there is not a bad thing. The real problem was the people that where dumping bags of bird food along the waters edge to attacked them for the viewing pleasure...

Any how kiddies deserve the pleasure of feeding mother nature once in a while as long as it isn't done in excess, there is no harm... look at all the good scraps bears, raccoons and others get a hold of all the time...