View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 10:13 PM   #31
radiocontester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivolt View Post
And boatless...

Here's my story. I'm a very new boater, less than 60 hours behind the helm, I've spent the last 3 seasons doing a rental boat (20' BR) for the weekly stays I've had on Rattlesnake. My ultimate goal is to find a piece of island property.

I went in yesterday to look at a consignment 25' cabin cruiser that included a trailer with the intention (or hopes) that I could pay a storage fee and keep it there until I figured out the slip situation as my tow vehicle is a little too undersized (very naive, I know) with the hopes of possibly paying them a launch recover fee if I wanted to take it for a spin a couple times before the season is out. I was informed that they would make no such accommodation because it was a consignment sale, and they were really just doing this guy a favor by selling this and that if I was buying one of their new or used boats they would likely bend over backwards for me. I appreciated the brutal honesty and explained in more detail what my plans were and while I was waiting on the boat to be pulled I was informed a they could offer a slip elsewhere for 5k for the rest of the season and beyond.

Great slip, even though it require a parallel park which intimidates me,great location. But 5k I wasn't expecting to spend and no mechanic or shop on site which scared me as a novice boat owner. So I just bowed out entirely which they weren't pleased with and let me know it.

Long story short, I ended up with a million scenarios running through my head and just abandoned it completely.

My question to you experienced people is if you were in my situation with no family or friends on the lake, where would you start? Buying a slip is certainly in my future plans.

I apologize if this post seems all over the place but that's just where my mind is right now. I've never been so stressed spending a day on the lake...
If interested, I'm about to list my 28' 2007 Four Winns V278 cabin cruiser for sale (I'm in the process of closing on a Formula 37PC cruiser). My boat is currently slipped on Winni......PM me for more info if interested. Thanks.
radiocontester is offline   Reply With Quote