View Single Post
Old 05-16-2017, 06:41 AM   #9
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,153 Times in 900 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smith Point View Post
in my opinion the state and derby officials are grabbing as much money as they can from the "rich people" (on the lake) to pay for the poor people in the state. (don't get me wrong I was a boy scout and would do anything to support them) but this year i'm NOT getting a derby ticket. I fish it to reunite with good friends and family, not to make the state get richer.
I am the first person to shut down the moaners goners and complainers about living life on winni, (the best place on earth) but this year the state is just taking the greed a little to far, probably to pay for the new marine patrol headquarters.
so watch out this year the MP is going to be out in full force this year.
but i don't care, there's no place i would rather be. (plus they would never catch me) i hope
P.S. We have property on SP.
A couple of points the op attempts to make escape me. To call people who fish and pay for a license "rich people" is not how I would define them. If you think of all of the other things to do in the area like playing golf, downhill skiing, having and using a snomobile, then fishing is a relatively cheap hobby if you want it to be. It can be done without even owning a boat, and many people do.

As far as the "MP being out in full force this year" I say great! Although it is not clear how he makes the leap from fishing licenses to that I would welcome the change. The past few years the Marine Patrol budget has been down and as a result there have been fewer patrols on the lake. There are a sufficient number of "Captain Bozos" out on the lake and additional enforcement of the rules might help. Even just stopping violators to re-educate them without ticketing would be welcome. Many people violate the rules without knowing that they are doing anything wrong.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote