Thread: Full lake 2017
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2017, 04:52 AM   #10
jeffk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillcountry View Post
So, if you can please enlighten us less knowledgeable lake users on how levels above full lake can cause lots of problems, what, exactly, are the problems?
I can visualize water levels ABOVE dock surfaces would be a problem but that would have to be quite a bit higher than "full lake" so what other problems can occur?
Sorry I didn't provide an expansive list but it has been a topic of conversation on the forum during most spring seasons so I thought it was reasonably well known. Others have now expanded for me. Also, as I suggested, at the current level, all it takes is a couple heavy rain storms in a short period of time and the lake is so full that NH imposes a no wake restriction on the lake which makes it pretty much unusable for power boats wanting to travel anywhere because a 45 minute ride on plane becomes hours at no wake speeds. That affects commerce in the area since people avoid coming to the lake because they can't do as much. Since no one can accurately predict when such a combination of storms might pop up and dumping the resulting water is a problem, it is prudent to keep the lake at a level where it could handle some of the excess water without hitting a critical point.
jeffk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffk For This Useful Post: