Thread: Summer Help
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 01:32 PM   #12
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBreskin View Post
Do you mean more constructive things like the Winnipesaukee.com forums, which are social media?

I suppose that is a matter of opinion, however there certainly is a social aspect to a forum such as this and to some degree could be classified as the first iteration of "social media" however I would venture to say there is a big difference between participating in open conversation in a medium such as this versus cataloging one's entire life online. I happen to think it's just plain creepy and borderline pathetic. Clearly I am in the minority but I have one big reason for not doing it, once that stuff is out there you have zero control over where it is, how long it is there (more than likely archived indefinitely), who has access to it and let's face it there are plenty of nefarious characters out there who now have a treasure trove of information all provided willingly by those who participate in it. No thanks! If you honestly believe this stuff is private and secure well that is laughable to say the least.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MAXUM For This Useful Post: