View Single Post
Old 05-08-2021, 02:48 PM   #92
camp guy

Default Staffing Issues for Summer of 2021

I think, Descant, that you have hit the high points, and each of them ,or all, apply to some, if not all, local employers. I do think, though, that these conditions are not knew, not caused by COVID, but have been in the making for a number of years.

Young people today are just not interested in working a summer job. So, when they do enter the labor market, and their perspective employer asks them if they have any experience, they are at a loss for what to say. Most employers employing beginning workers aren't expecting to hire a trained person, but they do hope to hire someone who has some level of experience in just being an employee.

Sadly, that's not happening. Because of this circumstance, some employees are finding themselves caught in an unpleasant dynamic wherein they have education, but no experience, only can find an entry-level job, but, have real-world expenses that an entry-level job won't cover. At some point in time the government bail outs will stop and then hard, cold reality will kick in.

My advice to someone looking for a job - take whatever comes along and do your best, and keep moving up from there.
The Following User Says Thank You to camp guy For This Useful Post: