View Single Post
Old 05-03-2021, 05:01 PM   #29
Winilyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoatHouse View Post
What if the business keeps the hourly pay at $7.25/hour, but offers a bonus if the employee works 10-12 weeks?
For example - Bonus pay of $5/hour. An employee that works 30 hours/week for 12 weeks could earn $1,800 bonus. Pay 50% of the bonus after 1-2 weeks and remaining 50% after the 10-12 week period.
I think your idea is innovative. I'd certainly consider something like that. But I still feel if you can't get the workers there in the first place (from out of state), the local businesses offering a deal like that will simply steal an employee from other local businesses that aren't offering a deal like that. Good for one, not for the other. You're simply pushing the problem around.

What a deal like this doesn't solve is that NH is simply at a disadvantage given their extremely low minimum wage. Many of those relied upon to come into NH for the summer season are going to base their decision regarding where to work on the obvious minimum wage information that blares "NH is not even close to competitive".