View Single Post
Old 05-03-2021, 09:38 AM   #23
MotorHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
Your question was directed at the owner of the Village Kitchen. When you asked if he had considered paying a living wage that implied that his employees did not make a living wage.

As a general answer to your question: I have worked at low paying jobs in the past like a Dairy Queen and a two different gas stations. The wages there were not enough to survive on or raise a family. So I got some training and got better jobs and as years went by, did better and better.

If is not necessary for every job to pay a "living wage". Some jobs come with an opportunity for advancement and others just places to earn a little extra money.

People have choices and are free to better themselves in any way they see fit.
You are ASSUMING the fact that SAMIAM is the owner of VK is a public knowledge. I was not aware of that until you pointed out. I do not know where VK is, I have no idea who SAMIAM is, have never been there. Probably will visit one of these years.

Agreed, not all jobs have to pay living wage, but paying someone $ 7.25 an hour should be considered an insult when a gallon of milk goes for $ 3.xx.

By the way, congratulations on bettering yourself. I think we all worked at McDonalds, BK when we were kids.
All I am trying to say is "Let's not try to take advantage of people", they should be paid honest days of pay for honest day of work.
This also goes for local tradesmen, handymen, charging outrages rates just because there is a shortage.