View Single Post
Old 08-17-2018, 10:47 AM   #41
Woodsy

Default Southdown Docs EXIST

The Southdown plans... showing the Railroard ROW & possibility of rail trail do exist... and have been published either by the WOW people or the Laconia Sun. I have seen them, I wish I could remember where.

That being said...

Either way the bottom line is, the State (not the City) owns the Railroad ROW... and you cannot take State property using adverse possession. Southdown only has a few DEEDED access points to the water one of them being the marina. You can see them on the Laconia online tax maps. These are the only points where the WOW fence HAS to allow access to the water.

Because the State owns the RR ROW... Southdown is going to have a an uphill battle fighting the WOW trail. That the original plans show this.. just makes it that much harder.

The argument that Southdown is a private community is mute... as Southdown borders public property (the RR ROW & the Lake)... not other private property.

The snowmobile corridor argument only comes into play if they actually rip up the tracks.... a trail built beside the tracks will have no impact on the snowmobile corridor.

The environmental argument only comes into play if they rip up the tracks also... building beside the tracks will have little environmental impact.

If they build it, people will use it... but they should not be looking put somebody else out of business to further their goal.

Woodsy