View Single Post
Old 09-12-2009, 02:27 PM   #60
elchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle Boy View Post
In reality, some of the people who have worked so hard to make the speed limit reality have indeed been intimidated and threatened outside of this forum. I read a message a couple of years ago on one of the even more venomous sites from someone who said he'd be happy to take out a certain person who was active in the SL movement...I believe his words were "make myself a martyr"...I found the quote disturbing enough that I made a hard copy. EL hit the nail on the head, and I'm glad he has the courage to make his points. Many no longer do. I hope Don is taking note.
Thanks TB,
I've heard the same stories. Before my post yesterday, I got a private message from one of the opposers in which he just wanted to be sure I knew that he is a convicted felon and has spent some time in jail. Nice. Thanks for the heads up. I'm sure one could count up a couple of dozen admissions of law-breaking by this group on these threads, and they seem to be attracting more and more scofflaws every day to what used to be a forum for decent law-abiding locals. They boast about breaking the law as if it is a feat of heroism, and the rest pat them on the back. This is ok, because this is a law they don't agree with. And while this is a law that is very easy to obey, when other boaters inadvertently break another law that can be very difficult to obey in many cases, they are all over them...calling those offenders "captain boneheads" and worse. What a country we'd have if we could all just obey the laws we wanted to, huh? I'd become a thief. What would you become? But then, isn't this a good snapshot of the personality and behavior that led up to the SL in the first place? This is why I thought the Supporters' and Opposers' Threads were such a good idea...say what you feel and report what you see and nobody insults or torments you for it. Opening up these threads just invited the aggressors (from all over) and chased away the few remaining people this forum was supposedly created for. What a shame. I actually face a less hostile group when I post on the admittedly-GFBL sites. Dialogue there is much more civil. If someone posted some of the stuff you see here, they'd be thrown right off.

And by the way Hazelnut, since the "investigation" your friends did to expose where I live, you surely know that it is not possible to "abide by the law of course" if going the nighttime speed limit in a no wake zone. Puleeze. You are welcome to bring all the boats you can gather to "cruise by my house as many times as you possibly can at night", so long as you stay at headway speed and respect the town's noise ordinance and all other laws. I have no problem with that, I don't own the lake. That's why we have laws; to set reasonable and non-ambiguous limits on obnoxious or unsafe behavior which people (who are otherwise incapable of making rational decisions on their own) can follow to behave in a society. If you break our laws, you are either a "Capt Bonehead" or a scofflaw, no matter how you may try to dismiss it. I'd love to have a video of your group parading back and forth in front of my house in the middle of the night to punish me for my support of one of our laws. I think it would make a great story for WMUR. It would certainly do wonders for your reputations and efforts to gain sympathy in Concord this winter.

Have fun all...hope you show the same GFBLBV (Go-Fast-Be-Loud-Be-Vulgar) colors in January so the legislature can see what we are dealing with. Good bye.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: