Thread: Ammo?
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2014, 04:00 PM   #18
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Ammo has been in short supply for a while but .22LR has been pretty difficult but not impossible to get. Reloading supplies/components are same way. Just have to know when and where to go. Also expect to see limits on purchases because yes people are stocking up on ammo of all varieties.

Riley's when they have ammo in stock will bleed it out over time if it's in high demand. The best way to get some is to find out if they have it first off (ask if you don't see anything on the shelves) then plan an early trip there to get it. They were not to long ago putting out a limited amount of brick packs of .22 (500 round american eagle) every morning for $21.00, whatever they put out for the day once sold was it till the following day. It's only take a couple hours for all they put out to disappear. They do this to give everyone a chance to get some. They also do not charge ridiculous prices either.

Bass Pro also has had bricks in stock on occasion and they too will bleed it out over time putting a limited amount out in the morning and once it's gone, it's gone till the next day. I just picked up two bricks there 550 rounds per box for $24.00 just had to make two trips in two days. They were selling Remington and Winchester.

Shooters may have ammo in stock but I find their prices high on just about everything so I don't waste my time there.

Dicks sporting goods at times will have some as well - the last time I was in there over the summer I picked up a 1400 round bucket for 70 bucks, but they were behind the counter way in the corner where you had to look to find them.

Buying online is fine but the shipping can make the cost prohibitive. Plus many say they have ammo then come to find out it's all on back order.

Paying 92 bucks for a brick is highway robbery. That's probably why they have some in stock cause not to many people are going to pay 3Xs what it should sell for. I would expect to see that kind of pricing at the gun show since the demand is so high people will pay stupid money for it.

Finally be very careful of off brand cheap crap, much of it is junk and inconsistently charged leading to serious possibly disastrous problems.

So to sum it up, ammo is around you just need to know where to go to get it and hit stores early when they first put it out or you will never get any.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MAXUM For This Useful Post: