Thread: Rights
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2019, 09:23 AM   #89
Senior Member
Major's Avatar
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Laconia
Posts: 528
Thanks: 187
Thanked 332 Times in 154 Posts

Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin View Post
I think I saw the right answer, from others, but I will respond..... Your right is to call law enforcement. If you are on the mainland, I would start by calling your local police department. If you are on an Island I would start with the Marine Patrol.

Your premise that the neighbor is trespassing is correct. Police involvement when ensure that you don't do anything outside law. And if your neighbor is less then co-operative, they will deal with the issue for you.
Life, I think you missed the OP's follow up. "I have followed up with the Laconia PD. They suggest that at the present time this is a civil matter. If I want to pursue this I would need to go back to court, ugly."

This is a civil, not criminal matter. The police and marine patrol will not want to be involved.
Major is offline   Reply With Quote