View Single Post
Old 07-09-2019, 07:22 PM   #1
hawk93x

Default First day on Lake = Success!

Just dropping a note to say thank you to this forum for a wealth of helpful information.

My family is vacationing here for the first time (Moultonborough) and we had a wonderful 6 hours on the lake exploring most of the waters between Moultonborough Bay and Lees Mills. Some highlights were anchoring for a swim in the little cove just east of Lees boat ramp; anchoring to swim and jump off an interesting rock between Blanchards and Round Islands; and tubing around Little Ganzey in the small bay of the State Landing launch.

I came prepared with the Bizer map and my Navionics HotMaps card. Priceless. I love how the Navionics card includes the safe travel line from the Bizer maps. If I had one complaint, it's that the boating route line is the same color as the contour lines. Hard to distinguish sometimes. That could use an update, Navionics!

... and I only have a 16' aluminum Deep V fish/ski boat. I was intimidated after doing some reading, but we had zero issues. We even went out into Moultonborough Bay, which was kinda choppy with the afternoon wind, but not bad if we maintained about 20mph and watched the angle of the waves. We did one loop and headed back.
hawk93x is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hawk93x For This Useful Post: