View Single Post
Old 04-09-2016, 06:31 AM   #85
ishoot308

Thanked 4,939 Times in 1,915 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave R View Post
I have a very simple solution to the Weirs. They should allow overnight docking (with strict restrictions and limitations to prevent people from using it as a marina) for a fee. They'd be the only town that allows it and the novelty would attract boaters and they would spend money (especially on drinking (which is high profit) since they would not need to operate the boat afterward). Restaurants and bars would thrive. The town could use the fees collected to improve the area.

Regarding limitations and restrictions, I would propose the following: "Overnight" means 6PM to 11AM. After 11, you gotta leave. Boats would be limited to one night stay per 10 day period. The person in charge of collecting fees would also decide what boats go where in order to make good use of the inner spots in the narrow dock spacing.
Honestly Dave, I don't see how that would help the current situation. Let's just say for example 20 boats stayed overnight how much would 20 couples actually add to the economy of the Weirs?? The town would probably spend more money policing the boats for time limit violations than what they would bring in....

The Weirs needs drastic change to attract hundreds or even thousands of people. I don't pretend to have the answer but don't think overnight docking is one of them.

Dan