View Single Post
Old 04-01-2016, 08:22 AM   #41
dippasan

Default My 2 cents about the Weirs

Great thread
Disclaimer...I mean no disrespect to those that love the Weirs but.......

IMHO i think the Weirs strip is a dump compared to many of the other destinations on the lake or on other lakes for that matter. Lake George for example. Even when our kids were young we didn't go out of our way to visit the Weirs and if we did it was for a couple of hours for a fried dough. The Pier, the mini golf, the trash, the arcades are all eye sores. When we go boating with our guests we simply point to the Weirs and say "That's where they have bike week" and then we drive right by.

I know it comes down to money but you must first put the wood in the fire before you can expect to get heat. Put the money into it and they'll come.

That said it has the potential to be a premier vacation destination in the heart of the Lakes Region. It's a diamond in the rough and we'd gladly visit if it had something worth visiting regularly. It is prime real estate on our beautiful lake. Look at Meredith and Wolfeboro. What better place to have a great destination for lunch, dinner, outdoor concerts, shopping, night life etc.

It has the bones to be a great destination but it doesn't have the skin.