View Single Post
Old 03-30-2016, 02:24 PM   #5
hd333

Default All this talk about improving the Weirs..is there an alternative?

Good old Weirds Beach.

Is Weirs really a destination spot, or is it more of a place to go when it rains and kill a few hours?
Once I am at the lake I have no desire to leave the house. I don't see Weirs being a real draw for lake regulars.
Now if they put some money into the beach area like they did at Hampton beach, maybe it would become a destination spot for day trippers, who would in turn spend $ at Weirs. With that money being spent in the local places I could then see some owners realizing that if they spruce things up maybe they will attract more customers. This is what it would take to make the Weirs more like Meredith in my opinion. Bring in an upscale restaurant and maybe more lake regulars will actually venture over for dinner and in turn spend a few more bucks while there, good food in a nice setting will bring people.
At a minimum Weirs needs a legit fried dough place like Blinks.

All this said I am sure the kids will drag us there at least once this summer, I agree with the OP, the current state of Weirs doesn't stop us from going but it sure doesn't attract repeat business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hd333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links