View Single Post
Old 04-13-2005, 07:52 AM   #2
Pepper

Talking The legend revealed ...

With the assistance of the historical map referenced above, I believe I may have discovered the key to how the original Railroad theme evolved into an aviation theme at my great, great, great, great, great grandmother's place. It appears that a rather large seaplane arrived at the Weirs Seaplane Base, said seaplane being so enormous it eclipsed the little railroad engine heading down the tracks, and collided with it! The subsequent explosion being so fierce and mighty it caused the aircraft to be flung over the bridge, where it landed on top of a small Real Estate Office. Having collided with the locomotive and causing sufficient damage, the aircraft carried with it a small section of the locomotive. Upon further investigation it was found to bear a portion of the locomotive's name! Legend has it that the family having discovered that the fine old engine Peppersass, having lost a certain portion of it's name , took this as an omen. Not wishing to tempt fate and the financial implications of having lost that particular portion, a decision was made! The aircraft being newer, more advanced, and certainly larger must be the wave of the future and the path to success. The family had a pow-wow and determined that the old must blend harmoniously with the new, and being superstitious believed that the name Pepper was "taken" from the locomotive intentionally. Thus, this name must be incorporated in the new endeavor. And there you have it!