View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 03:07 AM   #259
fatlazyless

Default Should have settled for less!

I agree that Ward Bird should be getting some type of community service sentence to be determined by a judge who knows about alternative sentencing as opposed to doing three to six years in prison/jail. Put Ward to work with an electric sander and a gallon of tile red floor paint and have him refinish the Moultonborough library floor and staircase that goes down to the basement. Follow that up by painting the basement walls a warm friendly shade of medium yellow. If he does a good job working down in the basement, then have him start refinishing the bookshelves upstairs with some satin finish polyurethane, the expensive stuff, or something!

Sometimes people just get annoyed and go wave a handgun around as a power gesture when they should be keeping it holstered and out of sight. It happens?

I continue to say that his irritability factor could easily have been influenced by his medical operation recovery at the time of the incident as that tends to make people a little cranky, sometimes.

Instead of sticking to his guns and maintaining his determination and taking his case to the NH Supremes, maybe he would have been better off just agreeing to settle for less legal success by accepting the offered plea bargain?

As an alternative to sitting around a jail and not doing much except reading and watching tv, it could well be that he would welcome the opportunity to scrape, sand, and paint some of the inside walls and surfaces at the Carroll County Jail?

www.carrollcountynh.net

Ok, excuse me while I run for the bomb shelter, before you all start hurling the proverbial mud and rocks at me!