View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 02:19 PM   #41
onlywinni

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchase View Post
And the rest of you should move your "compromise" posts to the opposers thread. "Let us go as fast as we can on the part of the lake that offers the best sailing and salmon-fishing, and let us resume the same aggressive mayhem on the biggest part of the lake that caused all this trouble in the first place, just so we can have our selfish fun". That's a compromise?

Seems odd that your boat struggles so. Boattest.com (no snail boating site) tested it and found differently;
http://www.boattest.com/oem/general-...nk=#TestResult
Their boat was up on plane in 3.9 seconds but took 7.1 seconds to reach 30 mph, suggesting a planing speed well below 25 mph. And the video explains;
"This 26 outlaw runs well at slow speeds too, staying up on plane and under control down to 25 miles per hour, without a lot of fuss over trim tabs or drives to distract the skipper from crowded waterways". Of course, you may have suped up yours to gain top-end speed at the expense of planing speed, but that could simply be solved by the installation of some trim tabs...a very cheap investment compared to the high cost of that boat, eh?

Like many of your comrades on this forum, you are an admitted scofflaw trying to instigate the very arguments you then try to blame on others. Now you want to call those who object to your illegal behavior the "trolls" and silence our side of the issue? Come on.

I've been in my share of performance boats. Very exciting, and I can see how the addiction develops, but I did not feel such high speed belonged on a heavily-trafficed lake. This might be the result of a high speed car accident I was in as a teen that left me keen on the dangers. Of course, when the boats are out there running at high speeds the other boats seem to head for shore and the crowds seem to diminish, but that is not compromising or sharing...it is bullying.

Thanks for confirming my point that I can not operate my boat at less than 25mph safely..which is what I said and Boattest.com said. I have a stock prop and stock trim tabs, but thanks for the advice anyway.

I am not instigating any arguements I am defending my Right to Boat on the Lake against the Inflamatory comments you have made.

I am not trying to silence anybody, I just wanted to point out that you are a Go Fast Boat Hater and are not interested in any Compromise only your own Agenda that Speed Limits are Great and anyone who disagrees with you is Evil.

I admit to breaking the 45mph speed limit often when it is safe to do so and I have said that in several of my posts. I will continue to do so as well and will continue to be a Respectful member of the Winnipesaukee Boating Community.

I dont believe nor have I ever posted that anyone should be able to go as fast or do whatever they want on the lake. Going 55mph anywhere when there is alot of traffic is not Acceptable or safe; however if I am all alone out there why cant I go 55-60mph.

Is my boat really creating that much more of a wake/hazard going 55mph vs 45mph?