View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 02:35 PM   #1
Woodsy

Default In the Spirit of Compromise....

I will take a cue from BI & others.... At the risk absolute futility what kind of compromise would possibly work??

My personal feelings on the Valedmort Bill is that nobody is really happy with they way it currently is. The hi-po guys like myself really cant enjoy our boats, the slow boat folks are ticked there isnt enough enforcement (no tickets yet to date) and lets face it with the budget crunch and the economy boat registrations are way down so the NHMP doesnt really have the resources.

SO what would be the best of both worlds and allow the NHMP to allocate thier resources better?

I suggest we keep the night time speed limit. Almost all of the cataclysmic accidents that are brought up during this debate occured at night. Not saying that a speed limit at night would have prevented these accidents (although not drinking alcohol would have). If people want to debate the MPH thats ok with me. I think 30 would be a reasonable compromise... I see the Weirs town docks and the Meredith town docks practically deserted after dark. I have friends who live in Moultonborough that dont come to the Weirs or Meredith at night anymore because it takes too long to get home! I guess kids can get antsy! LOL! It used to be that you had to wait to park at the Weirs Docks during the summer, nowadays parking at night is not a problem! I am sure nightime visitation is down at all the town docks. I can only assume its a combination of the 25MPH limit and the economy.

The 45MPH daytime limit should be discarded all together. Its a complete waste of the limited NHMP resources. We don't boat vs boat (or boat vs. island) accidents during the day because your visibility is measured in miles!! I would rather have the NHMP allocate resources to catch Capt Boneheads in and around the busy parts of the lake than hanging out hoping to clock the rare boat going faster than 45...

Woodsy