View Single Post
Old 12-02-2022, 10:48 AM   #36
jeffk

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
Unfortunately for many, the value of waterfront lots has skyrocketed. I am not surprised that the value of your lot has increased $525K.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that Center Harbor tax bills for property not close to the lake are falling. Maybe a forum member with direct knowledge can chime in...
As I just posted, no tax bills in CH for another couple weeks.

As I mentioned in a previous reply, our Center Harbor assessment (not on the lake) is up 32%. I'm sure lakefront in CH is going up at an even faster rate so those properties will see a bigger hike in taxes since the property tax burden will shift more to them.

There has been a gentrification process going on near to the lake for quite a while and it will probably continue. There are continued complaints from non residents about taxation with no right to vote in the local towns (to reign in budgets) but as long as other people are willing to bid up lake prices the tax burden on lake property will continue to rise. As I have pointed out in past threads, the benefit is a higher value on your property. Small solace, I know, for people land rich but income poor, but that's the rules of the game.
jeffk is offline   Reply With Quote