View Single Post
Old 10-24-2022, 01:00 PM   #38
John Mercier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailinAway View Post
Speaking as a frequent kayaker, this is something I plan for in advance. I've never had to "go" in anyone's yard. There are always other possibilities. There are at least 5 different ways of peeing in or from your kayak, like using a bottle or a sponge. Even women can do this. Also, I never land on private property, at least not within sight of a house. It's outrageous to pull up to someone's dock and treat the property like your personal bathroom or rest area. If you're driving in your vehicle and you have to go to the bathroom, you don't stop in someone's yard. Same with a kayak. The fact that they did no damage is irrelevant. What that did was wrong in so many ways, and they've probably done this many times before. It conveys a sense of entitlement and disrespect for people's property.
It happens all the time.
Because of the open space we used to leave our land open rather than go through the effort to post it.

It went from hunters... that only fire rarely and have a firm bearing on their target... to target shooting recreationalist that would go on line and tell everyone that they could come. Weekends sounding like a firing gallery. So we chose to post and then allow hunting with signed permission for those that we OK.

Same happened with motorized recreation, they just could not understand the limits imposed and would not obey them... so now, we no longer allow for that.
John Mercier is offline   Reply With Quote