View Single Post
Old 08-30-2022, 11:32 PM   #20
@thelake

Default Another recommendation for Home Energy Products in Belmont

Ten years ago, they installed three H2i/hyperheat units for us, two 9's and one 18, still working great.

The Honeywell wireless thermostats rock, being able to control the units from your phone, on-site or while you're away. They also display the current temperatures at each thermostat. No subscription, and the service has been very reliable. You'll need home Internet, the Mitsubishi's create their own wireless network with an adapter that attaches to the inside unit.

Home Energy Products will service them (haven't needed that yet), provide warrantee factory updates at no charge, and clean/maintain them annually or as requested for a very reasonable fee.
We've skipped the last few years, but are looking forward to having them out to clean the inside and outside units, and check the refrigerant levels, etc.

The Mitsubishi's (at least our models, from 10 years ago) will produce heat all the way down to -13, but I usually turn them off once the temps hit the single digits.
We primarily heat with propane (Rinnai's) and use these for supplemental heat in the bedroom, etc.
They're working so hard to produce heat at -13, on those few overnights a year I'll break out the space heater.
@thelake is offline   Reply With Quote